Wednesday, May 18, 2016
5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The YARCAB is a group of young adults in recovery from alcohol or drugs who are advising the Office of Youth and Young Adults (OYYAS) on the policies and programs that impact their lives and their friends lives!
The Office oversees and funds many types of treatment and recovery support including Youth Stabilization, Youth Residential, Young Adult Residential, Recovery High Schools and other outpatient programs in the community.
- Empowers individuals in recovery to use their voice to improve the substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery support service system in Massachusetts
- Offers a safe place to create a supportive recovery network
- Provides a meaningful way for individuals in recovery to “give back”
- Develops personal leadership skills through trainings and opportunities to volunteer
- Informs the state about the needs of young adults impacted by alcohol and drug use